The K-Bar List is a free veterans’ employment network. We post jobs for veterans, first responders and their family members. If you would like for us to send your resume to the hundreds of companies in our network, please email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturday, February 6, 2016
Several Positions - Omaha, NE
TEKsystems has multiple career advancing Full-time opportunities here in Omaha supporting USSTRATCOM on Offutt Air Force base that require individuals to have a clearance to work on. We are continually looking for quality technical professionals to help staff Offutt Air Force Base in Omaha. We work closely with many contractors who help support STRATCOM. The Operations of USSTRATCOM are highly dependent on the robust, reliable, assured C4/IT networks. This is run by the J6, which is supported by the ITCC contract awarded to CSC.
TEKsystems has put over 330 people to work on this contract, supporting projects such as Virtualization, PMO, Remedy implementation, Service Center Support, Windows 7, Engineering and Operations support. STRATCOM is growing. In 2002 they had one mission. Today there are 18 missions. The missions are Global and require: Command and Control of the Nation’s Nuclear Forces, Integration of operations in Space and Cyberspace, Global Support to Combatant Commanders world-wide and Direct survivable communications with the nation’s leaders. This dynamic command gives National Leadership a unified resource for greater understanding of specific threats around the world and the means to respond to those threats rapidly.
Admiral Cecil D. Haney is the commander, USSTRATCOM, and serves as the senior commander of unified military forces from all four branches of the military assigned to the command. The USSTRATCOM commander is the leader, steward and advocate of the nation's strategic capabilities. USSTRATCOM integrates and coordinates the necessary command and control capability to provide support with the most accurate and timely information for the President, the Secretary of Defense, other national leadership and combatant commanders.
USSTRATCOM requires a single service provider, who possesses industry standard skill levels and appropriate security clearances, to perform system engineering, integration, operational, logistical, maintenance, configuration management, system administration, and training services for their IT infrastructure.
This infrastructure includes four separate Local Area Networks (Unclassified, Secret, Top Secret, and Top Secret Extremely Sensitive Information (ESI)) comprised of over 6000 users on fixed and mobile platforms utilizing stand-alone commercial off the shelf (COTS) hardware and software. Appropriate security clearances and professional certifications required.
The new service provider must be capable of providing USSTRATCOM with robust information assurance capability through single integrated IT infrastructure services for all operations, logistics, and maintenance functions required to sustain command’s existing and future infrastructure.
Other requirements include:
• Provide system and network administration for all systems and applications located on the LANs.
• Implement system’s engineering processes consistent with industry standards and evolve the IT infrastructure to a common architecture through the technical solution process.
• Document and manage the IT infrastructure baselines, and apply configuration control processes.
• Provide testing for all components being implemented, training for all IT infrastructure as it becomes operational, and single help desk/service center capability.
• Conduct vigorous Lifecycle Cost (LCC) management and Cost As and Independent Variable (CAIV) analysis to achieve an affordable balance between cost and performance.
• Develop, maintain and use an Integrated Master Plan (IMP) and Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) to implement a cost control reporting system that integrates the IMP/IMS and provides Earned Value (EV) analysis and management for each discrete Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) element.
• Develop all IT infrastructure technical solutions and implement those that are government approved within parameters for cost, schedule and performance.
We are currently working on multiple opportunities at multiple levels in the Systems and Security Administrators and Engineers as well as Information Assurance, and NOC area on Offutt Air Force base that provide support to STRATCOM. These individuals would require a DoD clearance in order to work in these positions.
Below are the current positions open and some more information in regards to the ITCC (Information Technology Capabilities Contract) they would be supporting on the STRATCOM Program itself that are open (Job Descriptions available upon request)
That being said, we ALWAYS have needs for any other type roles that we can definitely pro-market to the hiring managers in helping them get another position going forward!
• Windows Server Engineers – Virtualization
• Windows Server Engineers – VDI Support
• UNIX Systems Engineers
• Network Engineers
• Cyber Network Defense Engineers
• UNIX Systems Administrators
• Windows Servers Administrators
• Cyber Security Engineers
• Windows Desktop Administrators
• PC Support Techs
• Help Desk Support
• Windows Patching and Security Engineer
Please do not hesitate to reach out to me if you are interested and I would love to share more information with you and what TEKsystems has to offer to help you take the next steps in your career!
Matt Dougherty| Technical Recruiter
T 402.952.1590 | M 402.430.5306 | madoughe@TEKsystems.com
888.395.9241 | F 402.952.1592
9140 W Dodge Rd, Suite #350, Omaha, NE 68114